Frequently Asked Questions
Here you will find basic information about electricity service in Texas and with YEP Energy. Let us know if there's something you don't see here.
Texas has a deregulated, three-tier system. This means the power plants that generate the electricity, the distribution grid that brings your business or home the electricity, and the company that sells you the electricity itself are all owned by different companies.
YEP Energy is a retail electricity provider (REP). This means we are the company that purchases the electricity on the open market. We then offer it to our customers at a competitive rate. We are out there every day bringing you the electricity you need at the competitive rates you expect.
The power lines and physical equipment that brings the electricity to your business or home are owned by transmission/distribution service providers (TDSPs). You may also hear these companies referred to as "the utility". YEP Energy works with the TDSPs to ensure that your electricity service is provided reliably and consistently.
For service interruptions caused by weather or line damage, contact your TDSP. Please reach out to us if you feel the disruption is due to an outstanding bill.
From your perspective, until your first YEP Energy bill arrives, nothing will appear to have changed. You will get the same electricity you have previously received from the TDSP. The only difference is that Yep Energy will be out on the market purchasing it for you.
Texas customers are switched within 2-3 days. You are also able to select switch dates and move-in dates. One of our helpful customer service agents can provide more details about your switch and move-in options.
Just click here and you will be taken to the customer portal to pay your bill. You can also process your payment by calling our automated voice response system, or you may mail us a check or money order.
Great question! AutoPay is the quick, easy, affordable way to maintain good account standing. Click here and you can use the customer portal to enroll in AutoPay. You may contact us as well, and one of our professional customer service agents will set up Autopay for you.
With AutoPay, you are never late to pay your bill. No more late fees and no additional payment processing fee!
Of course! You can update your payment method, or update your bank account or credit card numbers used for Autpay through your customer portal or by contacting us and letting an agent assist.
AutoPay drafts ten days after your invoice is generated.
Use the customer portal to update your credit card information. You may also contact us and we will get the card information updated right away.
Your invoices are available on our online portal or we will send you copies for a nominal fee.
YEP Energy accepts MasterCard and Visa.
Your online payment applies instantly to your account.
We provide competitive plans that offer stability and predictability to your monthly electricity bill. We also offer options that provide renewable solutions, support our troops, and make our landscape greener.
We work around-the-clock to meet all transportation and supply needs, ranging from scheduling to nomination and balancing services.
- Firm Service: Even during peak periods, you can rely on a constant supply of natural gas for your business.
- Interruptible Service: A more economical option for some large businesses, you receive natural gas based on specific schedules or contracts that anticipate and permit interruption on short notice, generally during periods of peak demand.
- Balancing Service: Regardless of whether you're over or under usage, service can be customized to meet your peak period.
- Consolidated Billing: All charges, including transportation and commodity, are rolled into one bill.
- Purchasing and Transporting: We'll arrange the purchase and delivery of your natural gas.
For commercial and industrial accounts, we offer flexible agreements with multiple pricing options and varying contract terms. Please contact us to find out which services are available to you.
- Fixed Price: Regardless of market volatility, you can lock in your natural gas price for a specified term.
- Index Price: The price is based on a published index at a main trading hub and varies each month.
No. You are never at risk of not having service by enrolling with YEP Energy. In the unlikely event that YEP Energy is not able to service your account, the utility would procure and deliver energy to your home or business on YEP Energy's behalf.
- A Fixed rate plan provides you with stability and peace of mind. YEP's fixed rates may be higher or lower than utility rates, but unlike the utility's rates, YEP's fixed rate products will not change during the life of your contract. The utility's price changes each month based on the cost of supply. Going with a fixed rate lets you know that you are protected against unexpected and costly price increases and have greater control over the cost of your natural gas.
- A Variable rate plan allows you to purchase natural gas at market-based prices that change from month to month. While a variable rate is subject to monthly price increases or decreases, it may help you realize the lowest possible cost in the market. However, it also exposes you to potential price increases, and, unlike a fixed rate, a variable rate does not protect you against price volatility.